SPARTAN SOUND 2020-21
UPDATES FOR THIS YEAR’S SPRING SCHEDULE
LOCATION: SUN VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PARKING LOT
Tues/Thurs Rehearsals begin FEBRUARY 2nd
We will continue to adhere to social distance requirements of a minimum of 6 feet. Students will continue to be required to have face masks in use when not actively playing their instruments.
DROP OFF/PICK UP TIMES
***Sun Valley HIGH Student Parking Lot
5:30pm Drop off for PERCUSSION & COLORGUARD
5:40pm Drop off for Brass and Low Winds (bass clarinets/tenor sax)
5:50pm Drop off for Woodwinds
7:30pm DISMISSAL – All students
*ALL SCHEDULES CONTINUE TO BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PER UPDATES FROM STATE AND LOCAL GUIDELINES.
Don’t forget to bring the following:
- MASK/FACE COVERING (you will need to wear a face covering when not playing)
- INSTRUMENT (Percussion members will use school equipment)
- BINDER WITH PAGE PROTECTORS
- FLIP FOLDER (if you have taken one)
- WATER JUG (We will have some water bottles for emergency use, but all students are expected to have their own water jug for use during practice. PLEASE LABEL WITH NAME)
- PROPER ATTIRE FOR THE TEMPERATURES. Please where appropriate layers of clothes/jackets for the forecasted weather. WE WILL BE REHEARSING OUTDOORS the majority of the time. Small groups may be rotated inside for sectionals not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Proper Footwear for moving/marching.
- The marching band participation fee for this year is $100. This may have already been collected if you paid in the fall. You can bring in a check or pay online through your account in CutTime. Please email Mr. Reynolds or our treasurer, Sandy Hassinger with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We continue to have restrictions associated with the Covid-19 virus protocols. Thanks for your flexibility and understanding.
All students who wish to participate in marching band are required to do the following:
- Complete the Initial Screening Form to Restart Marching Band. (click for hyperlink) (ONE PER STUDENT, STUDENT AND PARENT COMPLETE TOGETHER). I CANNOT ALLOW A STUDENT TO ATTEND REHEARSALS WITHOUT THIS INITIAL SCREENING FORM BEING COMPLETE.
- Adhere to the prescribed guidelines outlined in the UCPS statement printed above.
- Both student and at least one parent must be signed up in CutTime. www.CutTime.net New submissions must use the Student/Parent Sign Up, then search for Sun Valley High School Band. (It will be listed as being in Indian Trail). IF YOU ARE ALREADY SIGNED UP BUT HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN…. please email me and I can have it reset. Do not create a new account. Students – please use a personal email for your CutTime account. The school email server will often view my group emails as Spam and they won’t always get to you. Please email me if there are any questions about signing up in CutTime. There is a tutorial video listed below on this webpage also.
- This year the participation fee is $100 instead of the normal $325. This may have already been collected in the fall. You will be contacted if there is a balance.
- We will participate in all HOME varsity football games. That schedule is provided below. Specific report times will be shared the week of the game, but will be between the 5:30-6pm time frame.
HOME VARSITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Feb. 26 v. Weddington
March 5 v. Parkwood
March 19 v. Monroe
March 26 v. Cuthbertson
SPECTATOR INFO – Due to state guidelines, there is currently a limit of 100 spectators for the games. Dr. Harvey, principal at Sun Valley High, will be sending out information related to how the tickets will be made available.
Jeff Reynolds, Director – Sun Valley Bands