SPARTAN SOUND 2020
UPDATES FOR THIS YEAR’S SUMMER MARCHING BAND REHEARSALS
LOCATION: SUN VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PARKING LOT
ADJUSTED FALL SCHEDULE:
September 8, 22 & October 6, 20, 27
*New Protocols does allow for gatherings of up to 50 outdoors. This will allow all of our students to work in the same area. We will continue to adhere to social distance requiements of a minimum of 6 feet. Students will continue to be required to have face masks in use when not actively playing their instruments.
UPDATED DROP OFF/PICK UP TIMES (as of 10/5/2020)
***Sun Valley HIGH Student Parking Lot
5:30pm Drop off for PERCUSSION & COLORGUARD
5:40pm Drop off for Brass and Low Winds (bass clarinets/tenor sax)
5:50pm Drop off for Woodwinds
7:30pm DISMISSAL – All students
*ALL SCHEDULES CONTINUE TO BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PER UPDATES FROM STATE AND LOCAL GUIDELINES.
Don’t forget to bring the following:
- MASK/FACE COVERING (you will need to wear a face covering when not playing)
- INSTRUMENT (Percussion members will use school equipment)
- BINDER WITH PAGE PROTECTORS
- FLIP FOLDER (if you have taken one)
- WATER JUG (We will have some water bottles for emergency use, but all students are expected to have their own water jug for use during practice. PLEASE LABEL WITH NAME)
- Hat, Sun Screen, Sunglasses are all recommended. We will be outside for the entire rehearsal, please be prepared so you are not getting sunburn. And it can happen in the short time we will be outside.
- Proper Footwear for moving/marching. Students are not permitted to attend rehearsals in bare feet. sandals, or flip flops.
- The marching band participation fee for this year is $100. You can bring in a check or pay online through your account in CutTime. Please email Mr. Reynolds or our treasurer, Sandy Hassinger with any questions (email@example.com)
The challenges we are having are related to the restrictions associated with the Covid-19 virus protocols, shared space with athletics , and working around the construction/renovations on the high school campus. Thanks for your flexibility and understanding.
All students who wish to participate in marching band are required to do the following:
- Complete the Initial Screening Form to Restart Marching Band. (click for hyperlink) (ONE PER STUDENT, STUDENT AND PARENT COMPLETE TOGETHER). I CANNOT ALLOW A STUDENT TO ATTEND REHEARSALS WITHOUT THIS INITIAL SCREENING FORM BEING COMPLETE.
- Adhere to the prescribed guidelines outlined in the UCPS statement printed above.
- Both student and at least one parent must be signed up in CutTime. www.CutTime.net New submissions must use the Student/Parent Sign Up, then search for Sun Valley High School Band. (It will be listed as being in Indian Trail). IF YOU ARE ALREADY SIGNED UP BUT HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN…. please email me and I can have it reset. Do not create a new account. Students – please use a personal email for your CutTime account. The school email server will often view my group emails as Spam and they won’t always get to you. Please email me if there are any questions about signing up in CutTime. There is a tutorial video listed below on this webpage also.
- At Sun Valley, our new participation fee will be $100 instead of the normal $325. This is to cover costs associated with our start up and rehearsals, to include additional staff for guard, percussion, woodwind/brass, providing students a performance TShirt and Mask*, and other associated expenses for our students. * Delivery times for these items not yet known. All instructors and Staff will be required to have their own personal mask when rehearsals begin (see below for schedule). The boosters will order tshirts and a mask for use by marching band members for group performances. Fees can be paid via check when you attend Band Camp on August 3-5 or paid online through your CutTime account.
At this time we are not sure how the football season will play out. We will be preparing our standard pre-game and stands music, and will also be adding some additional selections, with plans to play and/or record for school and community events.
Jeff Reynolds, Director – Sun Valley Bands